10.14.2021 Meeting Minutes..

We had a nice Online Google Meet up last Thursday.  We had a new member join the meeting, Sidney Stone.  He recently moved here from Washington DC and is part of 2 clubs back East.  Welcome Sidney, we are always looking for advice and suggestions on keeping our club going.

I received a notification that Scott McClelland is doing a MeetUp 10/30/2021 5:00 PM Apgar.  I am not sure if need to login to MeetUp to join or just show up.  Here is the info from Scott

"If you're interested in attending this meetup, we will gather in the small Apgar parking lot close to the lake shore, adjacent to Apgar Village Lodge & Cabins at around 5-5:30pm. This is an outdoor event, and masks are not required. However, if you are feeling ill, please stay home!"

Here is the link to the MeetUp Info>

or Scott's website:  https://www.scottmcclelland.com

Favorite Shots from the Online meeting

Madelynne Olson showed us her photo that was chosen for the Flathead Electric calendar for the month of Dec.  She also showed a mix of some snowy scenes to get us excited for what is to come, a shot of little red riding hood, Lake McDonald sunset and more.


Dee Blank showed us photos from the East side.  She and Dave back packed into the Two Medicine Badger range at the perfect time for fall colors.  As well as a few from Glacier View trail/Demers Ridge.





I showed a few shots from my hike up to Grinnell Glacier, I had hiked into the Glacier some 20 years ago in the rain.  Although back then I had the trail to myself the views were not great.  So I decided to join the group All Things Glacier to hike with other people.  It was nice we had about 12 people in our group.  The trail though was a highway, I have never seen so many people in the park.  But at the Glacier you could escape the masses.


On a separate note, last night I went to West Valley Bird and Wildlife Viewing Area to see the sandhill cranes.  I was running a little late and took the dogs for a car ride.  When I arrived I was greeted with the incredible sounds of the cranes.  There were easily over 100 birds there.  Every time in the past that I have been to the viewing area, I have seen a few birds.  But nothing like I experienced last night.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meeting Minutes from May and next meeting 6.8.2023

Meeting minutes from July 23 and next meeting 8.10.2023

Meeting Minutes and next meeting 1.11.2024 Cancelled due to Cold Weather